(design done at
Cherry Point, Washington State
||Canadian eXtra Heavy Oil
||4Q 2005 - 1Q 2006
||FEL2 ("Select" stage) Process
Engineering estimate of switching from Alaskan North Slope crude to
study slate of Canadian XHO
Senior Process Engineer (part of a four-person
- Two cases: current 250,000 BPSD and
via dock (Magnuson
Act constraints) or a future pipeline?
- De-bottlenecking study of the Coker unit's
capacity. with constraints of min. cycle time, sulphur and metals.
Coke had to meet
anode grade specifications, or be devalued.
- Process requirements for new "
Merchant" hydrogen plants to produce high-purity H2 via
steam-reforming of butanes plus
PSA, with option to export steam
- Hydraulic analysis of line-sizing adequacy
using Excel tools
API RP521 analysis of Pressure Safety Valves for each case
- Use of AspenTech's
HYSYS and SimSci's
- Automated data extraction of "PI"
process data and "LIMS"
lab data from BP Cherry Point via secure network
- Developed updated site-wide steam, fuel &
- Capacity analyses of tank farm, crude &